Line cooks prepare meals per our standard recipes. The line cook will prepare basic components of each dish. The line cook will work with fryers, grills, sauté cook tops and ovens as well as all necessary food preparation and food storage equipment. The line cook will memorize and utilize portion sizes for all menu items while ensuring food safety and kitchen sanitation best practices are followed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities(Essential Functions*):
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor.
- Cook exact quantities of orders, working on different order simultaneously.
- Prepares all food order per time standards.
- Understand the operations of all kitchen equipment.
- Check all costumer orders.
- Clean stock and organize "mise en place" and station.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- May be required to stand, sit or bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be available to work a rotating shift to support the Casino hours of operations (holidays and weekend included)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to work in a high temperature kitchen for an extended period.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Must be 19 years or over.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Demonstrated abilities in food preparation and service.
- Strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Casino operations and policies.
- Responsible Beverage training.
- Food safety training.