- Maintain a valid Gaming License through NGBLC
- Reports to the Gaming Manager;
- A Slot Attendant must have a professional attitude and enjoy working with people.
- Cash handling experience is also necessary. (i.e. process hand pays, jackpots, cancelled credits and hopper fills)
- Knowledge of the machines is desired
- communication and customer service skills
- They also maintain machines and gaming area.
- Mathematical skills and physical activity are required abilities for this position.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal skills
- Food, Beverage and Bar services to Slot patrons and Fiddlehead Café patrons
- Responsible Alcohol and proper food service handling knowledge
- Handle gratuities/tips
- Problem resolution
- Maintain a positive attitude and promotion of team work
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Follow shift procedures ensuring casino security
- Follow all occupational health and safety/emergency procedures
- Access game recalls and last bill ticket recalls
- Clear tilts
- Adhere to Casino policy and procedures, maintaining confidentiality
- Ensures compliance with NBLGC Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures;
- Verifies and paying out of jackpots to customers;
- Maintains a clean, tidy, pleasant environment for the customer;
- Provides bill exchange;
- Monitor machine stack lights in assigned area to ensure prompt service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use machine log to track machine activities, machine problems and maintenance schedule
- Must have Responsible Beverage Service Training
- Responsible Gaming Training
- Handling cash and payouts.
- Inform CSM of guest complaints or problems.
- Know industry terms
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays, We are an approved 24x7 operation
- Must be physically capable (i.e. work shifts, stand for long period of time
- Handle repetitive physical motions for long periods of time
- Maintain health (i.e. wash hands regularly to prevent spread of germs
- Work within a 24/7 operation with ability to work flexible hours when required (days, evening, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Willing to submit to a criminal record check with results acceptable to our organization, standards and position, and/or obtain and maintain an NBLGC license registration
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada
- Must be 19 years of age or older
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A casino slot attendant requires good communication skills, a professional appearance and attitude, and must be of legal gambling age.
- Proven customer service skills,
- Cash handling experience,
- Time management skills,
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations,
- Knowledge of the machines, facility, industry group and of the tourism sector.
- A secondary school diploma is preferred.
- Training in customer service is an asset.
- Must have Food Safety, Responsible Beverage training
- Slot Attendants must hold a current provincial casino gaming license.